Sunday, February 21, 2010

Joshua Folmar


Hey, Josh Folmar.

You remind me of the Mountain Goats, if the Mountain Goats were kidnapped by Johnny Cash's voice and preoccupations. (I'm not going to defend that statement. It makes sense in my own head. Trust me, it's a compliment).
I love the Mountain Goats.
Keep up the good work.

Now, Internet! Notice me! I command you to listen to "Devil's Highway" at the link I have so helpfully provided. If you feel the need to unplug your laptop, throw it in the car, and drive until you find a dusty road with a little peeling shack next to a swamp improbably chock full of cypress trees, well, by all means. Gotta get in the mood somehow.
http://www.myspace.com/joshuamorganfolmar
Then, perhaps, if you would like to step outside and look at the pure blue sky and, perhaps, think about the intersection of the infinite and the finite, well, I think that'd be okay, too.

I love Josh Folmar's music and I think Tuscaloosa is lucky to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment