Monday, March 1, 2010

This is real. This is happening.

I was lucky enough yesterday to get the chance to hear some of the stuff Josh Folmar is working on. If you're wondering why I'm excited about that, may I remind you once more to look here:

http://www.myspace.com/joshuamorganfolmar

That's some good stuff, isn't it? I think my favorite may be "Devil's Highway," but they're all pretty darn good.
Well, I lucked out and got to hear what was mostly a brainstorming session for Josh's forthcoming LP, which I believe is tentatively titled "Joy In The Mourning." Adam Morrow from Callooh! Callay! is going to involved... and I think possibly some other C!C! members may end up involved.
And people, it is going to be good.
I like Josh Folmar's style. I love how he can tell a little story with every song, and I love his voice. It's low and husky and sincere. I sincerely hope he hasn't had half the experiences he sings about, but I truly believe he knows how it feels. Whatever it is. Nothing's faked. It's all real; that is, nothing's real but the song.
If you're in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (where else) then you need to take note. I mean, you don't want to jump on this bandwagon like you did with the Arcade Fire, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment